FMCSA-APPROVED CDL ENTRY LEVEL DRIVER TRAINING (ELDT) – CLASS B TO A UPGRADE COURSE
Individuals who obtain a commercial learner’s permit (CLP) on or after February 7, 2022 will need to complete this course before they will be permitted to upgrade their class B license to a Class A. Upon completion of this course the results will be submitted to the FMCSA Training Provider Registry. Prior to providing any testing services CDL testing centers will retrieve these results from the FMCSA Training Provider Registry to confirm that the student has completed this course.
This course covers the following 20 units for the CDL Class B to A ELDT upgrade course as mandated by the FMCSA:
- Control Systems/Dashboard
- Pre- and Post-Trip Inspections
- Basic Control
- Shifting/Operating Transmissions
- Backing and Docking
- Coupling and Uncoupling
Safe Operating Procedures
- Visual Search
- Distracted Driving
- Speed Management
- Space Management
- Night Operation
- Extreme Driving Conditions
Advanced Operating Practices
- Hazard Perception
- Skid Control/Recovery, Jackknifing, and Other Emergencies
- Railroad-Highway Grade Crossings
Vehicle Systems and Reporting Malfunctions
- Identification and Diagnosis of Malfunctions
- Roadside Inspections
- Hours of Service Requirements
- Fatigue and Wellness Awareness
Follow the steps below to begin your journey to a new career.
- Register For Our Online Course – Registration is simple and only takes a few minutes. You can begin the course immediately after registration. No classrooms, no lines.
- Begin The Course – The course can be taken from any device, any place, anytime. We keep track of your progress. All you have to do is login and complete each section of the course when it fits your schedule.
- Complete The Course – The moment you complete the course we report the completion to the FMCSA Training Provider Registry (TPR). You can then begin the behind-the-wheel training.