In light of the FMCSA latest mandate new CDL candidates are required to exhibit proficiency prior to taking the commercial drivers license road test. The entry-level driver training (ELDT) regulations do not require a minimum number of hours for the completion of behind the wheel (BTW) training (e.g., Class A, Class B and the passenger (P) and school bus (S) endorsements).
- Actual operation of a CMV
- Basic vehicle control skills and mastery of basic maneuvers
- No minimum hours; student must demonstrate proficiency through repetitive successful completion of all the required BTW skills including range and road driving driving
- Basic Operation
- Safe Operating Procedures
- Advanced Operation Procedures
- Vehicle Systems and Reporting Malfunctions
- Non-Driving Activities (e.g.,Hours of Service)
Classes are held in either manual or automatic vehicles based on availability.
Once purchased you will receive a calendar with availability for open training sessions. Students that complete our online ELDT theory course receive priority placement in the BTW training program.